Baking the Muffins:
1) Preheat the oven to 180 OC (160 OC fan oven), Gas Mark 4.
2) Place the cupcake cases into a cupcake tray and evenly distribute the strawberry pieces into the bottom of the six cases
3) Empty the cake mix into a bowl. Add the egg, oil and water and whisk until well combined.
4) Divide the mix between the 6 cases and bake for 20-25 mins.
5) Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Whilst the cakes are baking prepare the custard filling and buttercream:
To make the custard filling:
1) Place the custard filling into a bowl, add the water and mix until well combined
To make the icing:
1) Place the icing mix into a bowl and add the butter, mix until well combined.
1) Make a hole in the centre of the cupcake with a small, sharp knife by cutting a circle and ensuring that the tip of the knife is angling down towards the centre. The hole should be approximately 2cm deep.
2) Scoop out the circle to leave a hole and fill it with the custard filling, then pipe or spread the buttercream icing on top.
3) Sprinkle generously with 100s & 1000s
3) Sprinkle over the sugar crystals.