You will need:
1 medium egg
1 heaped teaspoon of butter
45ml (3 tbsp) water for the cake mix
30g (6tsp) very soft butter for the icing
1) Preheat the oven to 180c (160c for a fan oven), gas mark 4.
2) Put the 10 cupcake cases in a cupcake tray.
3) Empty the chocolate sponge mix into a mixing bowl and add the egg, water and oil. Using a whisk, mix to make a runny batter.
4) Using a teaspoon divide the cake mixture evenly between the 10 cases. Scrape the mixing bowl to ensure you get all the mix in the cases.
5) Bake the cakes for 10-12 mins until firm to the touch and allow the cakes to cool on a wire rack.
Have Fun Decorating
1) To make the chocolate buttercream, put the chocolate icing sugar in a small bowl and add 30g 96tsp) of very soft butter. With a fork, slowly mix in the icing sugar to make a smooth buttercream icing.
2) Spread or pipe a little of the chocolate buttercream on each cake and decorate with brightly coloured sprinkles and Aladdin wafers! Then enjoy! Best eaten freshly baked.